Monday, August 17, 2009

Birthday Field Trip

I go to Saint Paul for one of two reasons, to either take-in a Wild game, or because Saint Paul lies between where I am and where I need to go. Today however I broke with past practice and journeyed across the river to celebrate my beloved's birthday at The Nook (Shamrocks location). Recently featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, one look at that Juicy Nookie through my TV set and I said to my family, "we gotta go there!" The burgers were indeed terrific (I downed a Paul Moliter burger) but the surprise hit was the dry-rubbed Minnesota Wild Wings. Michael and Jordon both swallowed the massive double-decker Nookie Supreme Burger - just dripping in American and Pepper Jack cheese. Hmm ... I just might have a third reason to visit Saint Paul.

No comments: